It only takes seconds for a child without training to be lured into a dangerous situation. As much as you would like to, you can’t be with your child every minute of the day to protect them.
How can you teach your children the skills they need to protect themselves without scaring them?
Christopher’s Clubhouse offers safety education and prevention programs for children, teens and women that are taught by trained instructors. Our Family Safety Camp for parents and children ages 5-12 actually trains children, in a multi-sensory, fun and interactive environment, to respond to dangerous scenarios. Children are taught to instinctively respond to potential danger without panic. The curriculum includes types of emergencies, how to respond, fire safety, dog safety, bullying prevention, good/bad touch, resistance against abduction and more. Parents participate with their child and have the knowledge and skills to reinforce it at home. Snacks and lunch are included in this one day Family Safety Camp.
Through participatory exhibitions and innovative programs, Christopher’s Clubhouse:
- Provides an educational course using trained instructors through our Family Safety Camp curriculum.
- Reaches out to children and parents of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Offers a fun and stimulating environment where parents and children can learn from law enforcement, educators and concerned parents that have been trained and certified.
Christopher’s Clubhouse Programs include:
- Family Safety Camp for parents and children ages 5-12
- Always Be Safe Assemblies – Designed specifically for schools
- Fingerprinting and ID’s for Children
- Teen Girls In Focus (TGIF) A program designed for teen girls to give them the skills to focus on their safety.
- RAD for Women – A program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for teen girls and women. This is a comprehensive, 12 hour, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training.
Christopher’s Clubhouse offers all of our Safety Education classes through after school programs, Boys & Girls Clubs, Scout Troops and more.
Sign Up for Classes Now
See our calendar below for upcoming classes.
Family Safety Camp is an interactive program for children with parent participation. The program is 5 to 6 hours in length and includes snacks, lunch and handouts. The cost of the class is $50 for the first child in the family and $25 for each additional sibling. Parents are free. Classes are held at The Portola Community Center, 45480 Portola Ave., Palm Desert, CA 92260 unless otherwise noted. Click here to download our registration form. Pre-Pay for registered spot by clicking on the appropriate PayPal link below and receive a $5.00 discount per child.
The RAD for Women program is a basic self defense class that teaches realistic life saving skills. Cost for the entire 9 hour curriculum is $50. To sign up, please click on the PayPal link below to Pre-Pay and receive a $5.00 discount.
Christopher’s Clubhouse also offers a scholarship opportunity for the RAD for Women program. Click on the BFF logo below to nominate you and one other women who is important to you to have a chance at receiving a full scholarship for the program!
Toddler Safety Classes
The Toddler Safety Course is an edited version of our full Family Safety Camp class, designed for children ages three to five. The cost of this class is $15 per student. Children will learn multiple aspects of safety in an interactive, exciting, family friendly and oriented class. Please click below if you would like to sign your child up for this course.
Limited scholarships are available for classes. If you are in need of a full or partial scholarship to cover the cost of classes, please contact Mika to make arrangements.
Please ensure your child wears comfortable clothes and gym shoes (no flip flops or sandals).
Please contact: Mika if you have available space for us.